Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Food Review: Harada Japanese Green Tea

Are you a Green Tea Lover??
I am a Green Tea Lover since when I was 18 years old till now.

A short description on Green Tea below.
What does Green Tea contain?
It contains antioxidants polyphenold, theanine, as well as a wide variety of vitamins and minerals.

What benefit does Green Tea has??
Green tea can enhances health, prevent cancer, restrict blood cholesterol, control high blood pressure, lower blood sugar, suppress aging, refresh the body, deter food poisoning, prevent and treat skin disease, stop cavities, fight viruses and one more is can lose weight (I am not sure is this true?? But I have been hearing this from others too)


My mother bought this new brand of a box of Green Tea from the NTUC Fairprice for quite sometimes and I have been drinking it for this period. It is sightly different from the brand that I last drank which was made in China. The taste of the Green Tea, that I shown above, is sightly a little plain.

This is the brand of Green Tea is what I drank in the past. Though it stated "Japanese Green Tea" but it is manufactured by China as I still might feel unsafe because China might add some unknown substance in that made the Green Tea tastes nicer. 


Turning the box behind of the new brand of Green Tea I drinking this period. It stated that it is MADE IN JAPAN but not other country and imported into Singapore for sale. There are about 50 satchets in one box and 1 satchet weighs about 2 grams. It can be found in NTUC Fairprice stores in Singapore and selling at about $6.60 according to the price that I found on Fairprice Online web. 

The packaging of the green tea by using a photo showing a small cup and natural green clear colour of the green tea is sort of attractive to me.


How to make a perfect cup of tea? 
- Take out one teabag from the box and place it in a teacup.
- Bring water to a boil, then turn off the heat. Pour the water into the teacup and steep for approximately one minute.
- Dunk the teabag gently up and down, remove the cup and enjoy your tea. 


Overall, I guess it is worth to buy this box of Green Tea if you are really a lover of Japanese Green Tea. It is easy to make this green tea drink specially like you are working in office. You may take your a little short break from the busy work and make yourself a hot Japanese green tea to keep yourself warm or either if you are at home, you may make yourself a cup of hot green tea and have it while watching TV or doing whatever thing you want to. 

11 comments:

  1. OSK Japanese Green tea is also made in Japan and not China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I get Harada Green Tea in Malaysia? Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isetan departmental store sells them in Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I will no longer updating blog at here.
    I will be update more food review & others on here
    http://ameblo.jp/cawaiiluv89/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harada Green Tea taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OSK MADE FROM JAPAN. HARADA GREEN TEA LEAVES COMES FROM CHINA. THAT'S WHY HARADA PRICE IS SO CHEAP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harada taste is so plain which surely come from china.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do they sell this anywhere in San Francisco? I actually really like the tea, only managed to try it out because a vendor I ordered from on Ebay sent it to me along with my package.

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoever said that harada is from china is damn stupid. it is from japan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This Harada & OSK are quite look alike but not sure which is 'original' but it seems everybody prefer OSK's more. My interest is more on benefits and efficacy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes you are right…it’s from Japan

    ReplyDelete